One More Anecdote

I too have an anecdote
The day I wore a thick woolen coat
Of a rendezvous in Seoul
The red carpet rolled
The press aide hollered
You huffed and puffed and blew

I too saw the black limousine
But not before the line
Of thirty eager residents
Shook your feeble trembling hand
It was probably fatigue and
You had been with all those presidents

I too saw your last vehicle
Which I know you never saw
But I get confused which one it was
Was it the flag draped casket
Or the other black wheelie gadget
Its all now a formless toss

In the gap between birth and death
We celebrate, cry and make mirth
Afterall life is for living
Yes we wilt under its cares
Yet cling till all flickering embers die
unable to continue giving despite our best efforts
Hoping then we can look back
To a life fully lived

Comments

  1. "Unable to continue giving despite our best efforts" The depth of that line is to infinity! If this is to who I think it is, I'll say too that he clang fist hard to the flickers of his roller coaster life to its very end. Yet, we who remain clinging face head on, the blunt stare of death in the hope of seeing a life taken when we get to the unknown that is the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts